Is Mold Always Obvious?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snow moon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is Mold Always Obvious?

Postby snow moon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:28 am

Hi Wise Sisters,

I infused some lovely dried rose petals in olive oil ... admittedly forgot the bottle on the shelf for a bit, and it sat for about 8.5 weeks.

When I cracked it open I noticed a few miniscule white flecks on the top ... I thought perhaps it was plant matter, though it looked even more like some tiny oxygen bubbles. But of course there is always the dread of MOLD somewhere in my head.

I think I can proceed confidently, as in the past when something has gone moldy I've found it pretty blatant. But I don't have a mass of experience on this front so thought I would tap the collective wisdom.

What say you: Is mold is pretty self-evident, or could it be confused with tiny tiny oxygen bubbles? ;)

Singingcrowsings

Re: Is Mold Always Obvious?

Postby Singingcrowsings » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:08 pm

I've had little tiny flakes of mould show up in my miso. I just scoop them out, no biggie. I guess it depends on the type of mould and what it's on though? I'm not sure about infused oil.

ItalianBee

Re: Is Mold Always Obvious?

Postby ItalianBee » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:41 am

Maybe taste the little flakes?

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”