Please Introduce yourselves

Welcome to the Wise Woman Forum, we are an on-line wise women community. Enjoy! All New members please visit our guidelines page at: http://www.herbshealing.com/wisewomanforum.htm

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Narayani

Re: Please Introduce yourselves

Postby Narayani » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:26 am

It took awhile :lol: , but I am so happy to back here. Facebook is no replacement for all the wisdom that gets shared on this forum.

My name is Narayani and I live on a sailboat on the Red Sea. I teach yoga, follow the Wise Woman traditions and now also Ayurveda. I look forward to meeting all of you.
Namaste
Narayani

ItalianBee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ItalianBee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:10 am

Living in a sailboat on the Red Sea sounds like a fantasy! I'd love to hear more about it! I haven't been here as long as many on this board (joined for the first time in Oct. 2014) but I'll say Welcome Back anyway.

CGolden
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby CGolden » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 am

I joined recently after entering the captivating world of Susun Weed's media presence about three months ago. During this time I have found direction and focus for so many of my interests in nourishment, herbal medicine, foraging and self care. I live in the Arkansas Ozarks, where there are diverse plants and people and other animals, and lots of places to forage.
Happy Summer!

patgonzalez

Postby patgonzalez » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:40 am

Thank you very much, Lady! I look forward to sharing the wisdom of all the members here.

ARHunter

Postby ARHunter » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:36 pm

Hello to all Wise Women,

I'm a student at Brookdale Community College and my name is Anna. I'm 27 years old and I'm doing a research writing class this summer and my Professor chose 'Healing Wise' by Susan Weed as our research material. I've read Healing Wise up to the chapters on the Heroic Tradition, so I haven't read all of it yet. We are going to be writing research papers using the theme of the Wise Woman Tradition and the topic I chose to write about was men who become Wise Women. From what I found in Healing Wise, men who find their inner wise woman are called Shaman. I want to learn more about men in this tradition. I want the theme of my paper to be positive and supportive of men who follow this path and not discriminatory. I've looked for more information regarding men in this tradition but the most information I've found so far has been in Susan Weed's book.

So, I would like to ask; Are there any Shaman here?
If not, would anyone know where I could contact one to interview for my paper?

Thank you for your time,
Anna

P.S. I think Healing Wise is full of a lot of beautiful wisdom and insight. It's very inspiring. :D

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:22 am

Well, I don't use the term shaman, (partially due to cultural concerns personally, but no worries for anyone who DOES use that term. Your choice, go for it! :D ) but I ascribe to the Wise Woman Way and have attended a workshop or two with Susun, plus read her books. I consider myself just "herbalist" or Sorta-kinda-wise in-training Human. ;)
Welcome, by the way to the forum, it's a great resource here!
As for more resources, I would definitely seek out Jim McDonald also: http://herbcraft.org/articleindex.html
Perhaps the Gallagher family (with an active Herbal Dad) http://learningherbs.com/about/
Probably plenty of other sources folks here can suggest in another thread?

Welcome & Green Blessings!

Allie
Site Admin

Postby Allie » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:48 am

This thread is locked so that we can go back to having separate introduction posts for each member.

Please start new individual posts to introduce yourselves so we can all welcome you.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Return to “Announcements and Greetings”