Nourishing Herbal Infusions

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
StephLadd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nourishing Herbal Infusions

Postby StephLadd » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:33 am

I try to make a nourishing herbal infusion every night for my husband and myself. But in the morning I get so rushed, and I haven't found an easy way to strain the plant material that's not messy and that's time effective. I was wondering if anyone could share with me their "method" for some ideas. Thanks!

Singingcrowsings

Re: Nourishing Herbal Infusions

Postby Singingcrowsings » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:54 am

I just pour it into a strainer over a mixing bowl, squish the herbs of their juices while the strainer is still over the bowl, then take the bowl and pour the infusion back into the jar. Works for me! :D

harr13

Postby harr13 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:57 pm

My method is to pour boiling water into a mug of selected plant matter. I have a jar lid (just bigger than the rim of the mug) and place it upside-down on my mug to stop the healing vapour from escaping.
I wait 10 minutes. It can be less if time is of the essence. :)
I then strain it into another mug through a kitchen towel; or a lint free cloth (even a hanky might do).
I haven't made an infusion any other way. :) I also leave the plant matter in the first cup for when I make another brew: fresh matter makes a stronger second brew; dry matter makes a weaker second brew. But different plants vary with strength.

For more than one person, making the infusion in a teapot before straining into mugs is an idea. Unless you do that already. :D

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:39 am

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”