Upcoming colonoscopy - any herbal advice?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

RoseRed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Upcoming colonoscopy - any herbal advice?

Postby RoseRed » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:10 am

If your heart starts feeling wonky get your ass to an ER quickly. 911 if you feel it necessary. For me, the wonkiness didn't go away and I spent a lot of time holding my chest waiting for it to get better. I called my doc who yelled at me for not calling sooner.

With that much purging it is possible that you can throw off your electrolights.

I remember well when I had to clean out for my surgery, how horrific and continuous the purging can be.

I'm not trying to scare you. I just didn't know if you were aware of how it could interact with the purge.

ItalianBee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby ItalianBee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:30 pm

You're not scaring me, you put your finger on exactly what was already scaring me. So thank you. I wanted to make sure to drink something other than plain water because of the electrolyte question. But as it turned out (and I had the procedure this morning) I had only my usual amount of thumpies and rumblies from my heart. When I got to the endoscopy office they talked about the situation and said they had a magnet that they would have to use if they had to take out any serious polyp, to disable my internal defibrillator, and then get hold of my cardiologist to have it reprogrammed correctly. Which made me feel a whole lot better because it showed they had experience with such things. And in any case there was nothing big enough to require that.

They did take out a few "tiny" polyps and didn't sound worried. Phew! Except that they said come back in 5 years, not 10. Bummer!

The nicest thing of all was that the doctor, who was Japanese, said that she worked in rural Japan in her med school days, and her very first patient had the same congenital heart condition I do. Connection!

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 am

Im so happy for you that things went so well and that you had experienced doctors. What a relief.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”