Childhood Eczema

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snow moon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Childhood Eczema

Postby snow moon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:05 pm

I am writing this on behalf of my sister, who has been battling eczema with her 2 1/2-year-old. This has been going on for some time and she wants get off the hydrocortisone wheel. She is only using the mildest detergents and soaps, and is now trying a dairy elimination. Is there anything else in the wise woman approach that would be safe for such a young human? She is also wondering how long into the dairy removal she should be able to see results.

Blessings~~

Kezzie

Re: Childhood Eczema

Postby Kezzie » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:41 pm

Have her try plantain salve instead of the cortizone. My sister used it for her children with excema and had great results. Itching stopped imediately and their skin cleared up rapidly. The part she and they loved most was that the darned itch went away!

snow moon

Postby snow moon » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:00 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, Kezzie. I'm sure she will be happy to hear this.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:43 am

I love plantain. I am allergic to bee stings, and the last time I had one, yes, I did take benedryl, but I also chewed up a plantain leaf and stuck it under my sock on top of the sting. The moment I did that the itch went away. Long before the benedryl had time to work.

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Yep! Plantain, she is a most lovely ally. One of my forever favourites.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:17 pm

A gluten intolerance could also be a culprit.
As for how long before mom can see a difference? Could be immediately or it could take weeks, but I'd bet days..

Hyldemors Have

Postby Hyldemors Have » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:01 am

Plantain - I use it for my 9 year old daughter, and it does the trick!

Plantlover

Postby Plantlover » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:19 am

if this isn't to old of a thread to reply to I would like to ask the recipe for this salve. One of my grandson was born with eczema and he is about to turn 9. I would like to make some for him to use. Thanks in advance.

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:50 am

Here's an excellent write up in the Weed Wanderings eZine, from Susun herself. :)
http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezine/O ... ewoman.htm

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:27 pm

I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”