Chaga

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kezzie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chaga

Postby Kezzie » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Does anyone here interact with Chaga? It is enormously popular up here - as well as being plentiful. A bit of work to harvest and to make into small enough bits for use - but truly beneficial. Soooooo.... I am wondering - does anyone other than myself, here, work with this wonderful fungi?

ItalianBee

Re: Chaga

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:47 pm

I don't have much experience with Chaga but I have a chunk of it in my possession, that I harvested last September. I bang off a small piece of it and add it when making soup stock.

I have read that it doesn't give up its goodies to alcohol, so not good to tincture that way - can anyone speak to that?

I too would love to learn more.

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:30 pm

I love Chaga! I drink it every day, several times a day. My kids absolutely love it too. It is pretty plentiful here too. I usually reuse the same chunk over and over again all winter long, adding a bit more if it becomes too weak. I serve it with a splash of maple syrup and milk.

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:58 pm

Thank you both. I have not tried re-using it. Interesting.
Chaga does give up her goodies to alcohol though. Not completely, but more than enough to be very useful!

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:25 am

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:56 pm

Mmhmm - the people I have talked with, online and off seem to infuse it longer and hotter with some expectation that there should be more "visually" than they are getting. But then, I am not talking about wise women using simples and making daily infusions of so many good things a part of daily life. Does that make sense? I think that a lot of people are over-cooking to increase perceived results.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:14 am

Kezzie, I think that's part of the whole mindset of our culture, which is too bad. True health is slow and subtle.

Oh, and I think I'm going to do my first double extract with chaga. Exciting!

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:23 pm

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”