Traveling with Tinctures

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snow moon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Traveling with Tinctures

Postby snow moon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:56 am

I guess I haven't been on many planes since I began taking herbal medicines, as I find myself a bit at bay in preparing for a flight.

According to their website, the TSA allows "small amounts of liquids" in the three ounce capacity in carry-ons. Some of my tinctures were in four ounce bottles, so I bought two ounce bottles and repackaged them. But now with my clumsy homemade labels, I worry that they may arouse attention. Also I have nine tinctures bottles in total: perhaps too many?

I will be checking a bag, but I'm unsure if it gets too cold in that compartment for medicines. And I would rather have them close to me in the event a checked bag is lost or delayed.

Egad. Any frequent flyers here? Advice? I am relying on these herbs daily, and don't want to experience any interruptions. Perhaps I should put the most essential in the carry-on, and risk the others in the checked bag? Thanks for any any input!

Movlin

Re: Traveling with Tinctures

Postby Movlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:59 am

2 oz bottles should be fine, but you can call TSA (or ask online), to be sure. Depending on what they say I would double pack - a set for carry on, a set in checked luggage to be safe.

mo

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”