HERBAL GARDENS

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mv13
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

HERBAL GARDENS

Postby mv13 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, direction and good books to help me plan my herbal garden. Seeds vs plants. I live around 45 minutes from Susun Weed.

Thanks & Peace

Movlin

Re: HERBAL GARDENS

Postby Movlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:50 am

It's always a good idea to see what grows naturally in your area. I don't have any book recommends but I am fond of "wild" gardening - letting the plants tell you where they want to be, scatter planting, letting them mix and mingle (as in nature). Good luck with your garden - posts some pictures when you get it going!

mo

mv13

Postby mv13 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:11 pm

Thank you Mo...will do!! working on my ideas and design!!! Can't wait excited!!

FiFiAralia

Postby FiFiAralia » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm pretty partial to planting gardens by their planetary rulers! "The Encyclopedia of Natural Magic" by John Michael Greer is a good resource for that. There's even a section for gardening in the back.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:19 pm

When it comes to medicinal plants I like that they tell me where they want to be (they will refuse to thrive otherwise).
My husband also dictates where my herbs are 'allowed'....the newest part of the garden has been declared "herb free" (his words :D ) Our garden is expanded each year partly because of my herbs (St. John's Wort mostly).
So a line has been drawn...no herbs past the line...Muwahahaha! we all now how well that 'rule' will be followed.

Seeds vs Plants?
I have the best luck with plants/cuttings. Herb seeds tend to be the preferred food for birds, voles/shrews and mice. Getting food crops going is difficult because of the 'wildlife'.

December and I can already see where the SJW is going to be its healthiest :lol:

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”