Drying poke berries

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pamela
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Drying poke berries

Postby Pamela » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 am

Hello, I like to dry poke berries each year because they alleviate my arthritis, but they always seem to get moldy as I dry them (I let them air dry and cannot use an electric dryer on my solar system). Does anyone have any ideas about how to prevent the mold from developing on the berries as they dry?

Movlin

Re: Drying poke berries

Postby Movlin » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:46 am

I would try a little heat - you can make a solar "dryer" with some tin and a big flat rock during the summer. During the winter you can adapt whatever method you use to cook, just use a lower heat (that's all a dehydrator does anyway).

mo

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”