Muscle and joint stiffness

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
janette-jones
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Muscle and joint stiffness

Postby janette-jones » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:24 am

Hi, I just turned 58. Six months ago I needed to drop some weight, so I did. I dropped 15 pounds in 2 weeks on a vegetarian/herbal program. Since I dropped the weight I've been having problems with muscle or joint stiffness. At first I thought maybe I depleted something that maintains my body and then I wondered if not exercising had something to do with it. I can't sit still for very long and when I wake up in the morning it's a struggle. I feel pain mostly in my shoulders and hamstrings. Does anyone have any ideas or maybe had the same problems about this issue? I'm too young to be walking around like an old lady and I'm a very active person. Thank you for any feedback. :D

Lady Alinor

Re: Muscle and joint stiffness

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:00 pm

So sorry it has taken me so long to see your post.
Can you tell us more about the foods you are eating...any new supplements? Do you supplement Magnesium and Calcium...a deficiency of those causes pain and stiffness
How are your bowel movements?
How is your sleep, what time do you go to bed...how many hours do you usually get?
Swelling or Heat in joints?

janette-jones

Postby janette-jones » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 pm

I went to a rheumatologist and she thinks I may have polymyalgia rheumatica which cause muscle and joint stiffness. The weird thing is it started when I finished a detox program which consist of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and herbs. No meat, sugar, salt, fish or process foods. I've done this program many times before and only had excellent results. I didn't know that magnesium and calcium deficiency causes pain and stiffness. I did have blood test and my doctor didn't find any deficiencies. My bowel movements are every other day right now. Usually there normal. My sleep pattern is good. I go to sleep between 8-10pm I wake at 5am. No swelling that I can see but a sonogram showed some swelling in my left shoulder. No heat in joints. Thank you for your reply. Hope to hear from you again.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:30 am

Hi Janette-Jones,
Can you share more about that detox 'diet'? Grains?
Are you still on it?
Are you keeping a food journal?
Coffee, tea, soda, juice, water (city or well), alcohol?
Were your Vit. D levels checked? What is the value?
What does your tongue look like? :) Is it swollen with scallops on the edges, or dry, fissured, pale, or red, or purple...etc

So many questions, lol

Are you warm or cold?
Is the pain and stiffness confined to particular muscles and joints or does it move around?
Times of day that the symptoms are worse or better?
Are you still menstruating?

So many questions? ;)

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:42 am

Just a thought......Re: Rapid weight loss
Our body/liver stores toxins in our fat cells, when fat loss takes place those toxins are left drifting, they are no longer sequestered away. The toxins are floating free wrecking havoc at will, settling in places like joints and muscles and perhaps other organs.

'I' would be looking to support my Liver system...toxin elimination.

Any of this make sense?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:25 am

Dandelion root, slow acting but tenacious, comes to mind as does Burdock root.
Both roots work through the Lymphatic system in eliminating toxins from our digestive tract, blood and they eliminate cellular 'by-products' that can collect and cause conditions like gout and arthritis..etc.

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm

You need to eat healthy fats.
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:41 am

Healthy fats for ease of joints and healthy fats for optimal brain function.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”