Steam mullein

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kapicella
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Steam mullein

Postby Kapicella » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

I have been steaming mullein for several years now. I notice Susun only talks about benefits from an infusion of mullein. Can anyone explain the different benefits for steaming vs drinking an infusion? Thanks for your time
Karena

Lady Alinor

Re: Steam mullein

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:09 am

Hi Kapicella,
Could you explain what you mean by 'Steaming Mullein'....do you mean you inhale the steam?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:12 am

When one drinks an infusion one benefits internally from the vitamins and minerals AND water soluble medicinal constituents that get extracted in that 4-12 hour steep.

Kapicella

Postby Kapicella » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes when I was talking about steaming it was inhaling the steam. Sometimes I would add eucalyptus.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:50 am

I found a couple articles by Susun regarding Mullein infusion....she also mentions Elecampane, Poke and Echinacea for lung health.
http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezine/j ... dicine.htm
Here is a video of Susun talking about Mullein
http://www.wisewomantradition.com/wisew ... usion.html

Kiva Rose has a nice Mullein Monograph .... http://kivasenchantments.com/a-golden-torch-mullein’s-healing-light.html

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”