Linking increased risk of pancreatic cancer to gall bladder removal

Here is a safe space to discuss cancer and cancer prevention. Share your concerns, hopes, fears, and experiences the Wise Woman Way. Share ways to maintain breast health and offer support to women diagnosed with breast cancer.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
accidental_hippy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Linking increased risk of pancreatic cancer to gall bladder removal

Postby accidental_hippy » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:50 pm

I've read that there may be an increased risk of pancreatic cancer after gall bladder removal. Never mind that the majority of these surgeries are unnecessary. I had mine out in 2007. Knowing that it was not needed makes me mad, but now worrying about an increased risk for a cancer that doesn't have a good prognosis has me wondering what I can do to reduce my risk. Any thoughts beyond what is already recommended for general cancer risk reduction?

Allie
Site Admin

Re: Linking increased risk of pancreatic cancer to gall bladder removal

Postby Allie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Here is Susuns article 'My anti-cancer lifestyle'. She has some great tips here.

http://www.breasthealthcancerprevention ... estyle.htm

.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:14 am

There's a belief that having our Wisdom teeth pulled is putting our entire system out of balance, our teeth are part of the whole

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:19 pm

I had my gall bladder out in 2003 and have regretted it ever since! I saved Suzun's article too! and it does create a lot of havoc in your digestive area that is for sure shaking head.. I never knew that belief about teeth! By the time I was in my mid 20's I was wearing full set of dentures. Completely toothless.... sadly the kids got that part of my genetics... and the shortness.. deep sigh... hahahahaha

Return to “Dancing with Cancer the Wise Woman Way”