Short or Long Ride with Perimenopause?

A place to share your life-changing experiences!

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Singingcrowsings
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Short or Long Ride with Perimenopause?

Postby Singingcrowsings » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi there,

I have been going through a lot of changes over the years (it started about 6 years ago), when I had my first heart palpitation, and I started showing signs of enemia and /or hyperthyroidism (hair falling out and dulling, gaining weight for the first time in my life (I began to increase my mineral intake through my diet). At that point too, I developed very small fibroids in my breasts. I also started spotting and eventually, about two years ago, started getting two periods in one month (I've always been a spot on 28 days, last for 4 days kind of woman). As it is now, through the mineral increase, some turmeric, and French green clay, my hair is fine, my weight is balanced, my thyroid is calmed, and I spot during ovulation and my period is only a day and a half long, although heavier than it used to be. Cramping continues for a bit after though..... That's the physical.

The last two years the ragey feelings have slowly gotten worse. This year in particular I'm feeling like I've seen werewolfs feel when they turn for the first time, in the movies of course ;) , but instead of just changing, I feel like I'm also shedding a very thick skin. There's no control, and luckily happens more when I'm alone than not. I've been emotional his summer, crying so easily. I'm walking through life calling people on their crap, nicely (cautiously aware of the rage), and they're not liking it.

Lately though, the rage has either calmed or maybe has plateaued and is constantly there but I don't realise it is? and the weepiness has quieted, but I've been experiencing severe dizziness and anxiety, where my heart feels like it's on the edge of palpitating but doesn't, my heart chakra fluctuating in waves or bubbles. Underneath all this, I'm actually fine! It's very remarkable.

It's been a long road, and it's only recently, I've actually recognised most of this as perimenopause, maybe because I'm only 41? In any case I'm starting to take steps herbally and it's helped.

After all that... is there anyway of looking at the severity of the signs and knowing you're almost at the end? Can that too be determined by what our mothers experienced?

Singingcrowsings
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Short or Long Ride with Perimenopause?

Postby Singingcrowsings » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 am

I also want to say, I've recently started craving alcohol. I'm not a big drinker (1 or two drinks every 3-6 months), so this is disconcerting.

I don't know.... maybe I just need someone to say this will all pass?

EDIT: I'm reading the menopause section of "Women's bodies, Women's Wisdom", and that's helping me focus on the strength and solidity I feel along side all the above, and trust in it.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:53 am

I went through surgicially induced menopause years ago. If you don't have a copy of SW's Menopause book - I cannot suggest it strongly enough.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks. :) I'll look into it when I have a few extra funds.

crowsdaughter

Postby crowsdaughter » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi,
Menopause is quite a metamorphosis. Susun Weed once said to me that the more powerful the woman is the more difficult the menopause. I started menopause at about age 37. I am post menopausal now and I just realized one day that I was through it.
The best thing is the nourishing herbal infusions, eat whole food, take lot of time for yourself and especially in nature and to cultivate self-love.
It is an amazing journey.
Blessings on this path, Julie

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Thank you for that, Julie. I've read it's worse for people who's PMS was not so wonderful. The only symptoms I Had were cramps, although the first few years the cramps were pretty severe. Emotionally, I never went through anything like this due to hormonal shifts before. It's interesting hearing about the powerful woman.

I just talked to my mom and she said she was 45ish when she started feeling like her whole personality changed, and just before that her menstruation had begun to change. And my sister, who is three years older than I am has apparently just started too. "Everyone wants to know that lately!" my mom said. Ha ha!

While working on my clients, I noticed a few months ago my wings have turned from white to black. Yesterday, I looked and saw blood dripping from the feathers (It didn't alarm me, it felt like part of the process), so I started breathing into them. It opened my wings and the energy that was churning in my abdomen began to spread , and fill my body, but also my crown and root chakras, both, opened on a different level and the excess energy passed through and out of me. It feels like when I let the wind fill me and pass through me. I feel connected to everything and the powerful energy of everything runs through my entire being.

Unfortunately, it's hard to maintain, but I've been trying throughout the day today.

What it made me realize is that it's not really rage, it's just a force so powerful it's beyond the body's human capacity, and it's being held in such a small place while it churns trying to figure out where to go.

I'll continue working with the uterine energy (I feel there's much to learn from it) along with the infusions (I've signed up for the infusion correspondence course), but not oatstraw - it makes me look like I'm in my second trimester within 2 minutes of drinking a cup; I took that as a sign as not being right for my body. I'll pick up and/or make some tinctures of vitex and motherwort too.

Again, thank you!

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

I broke open the miso I made last year (takes a year to complete fermentation), and have had some (1Tbsp) everyday. The difference is astounding! I'm feeling more balanced emotionally, much more grounded.

I'll let you know how I do once I implement the tinctures, just in case this is helping someone out there.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:36 am

This is what I was looking for... some sort of road map to understand the stages of perimenopause. I know the timeline is different for everyone, but at least the physical experience can tell us where we are in the process:

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:11 am

Interesting. My journey to menopause lasted at least ten years - which means that my periods got more and more irregular for ten years and then stopped. Then after six months I had a little spotting one month, and then it was all over (and that was 11 years ago). I'm not sure what "changes in experience" means on this chart, but my mood changes happened in the second half of the ten years.

I do think I got off easy, though; perimenopause was the first time I had emotional reactions to my cycle (my PMS had always been purely physical, and had lasted a couple days into my period). And I had worse hot flashes in my late teens than I did in perimenopause.

So everybody is different indeed.

Movlin

Postby Movlin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:59 pm

This one is hard for me because I was in the beginning stages for a few years when I got pregnant a couple years ago. My moons had drawn out to about 40 days apart and I had all the anxiety, hot flashes, anger issues that seem pretty common so I started drinking rrl and red clover infusions to balance me out...actually got pregnant twice that year (lost the first at 6 weeks). At this point my new son is 11 months old and my moons came back at 6 months pp as regular as before I started my crone journey. Where does this put my schedule? Who knows! I will be 46 in April and I may not start my journey again until I am done breastfeeding in a few years. It will be interesting to see how it works itself out :D

mo

Return to “Menopause Metamorphosis”