Osteoporosis- vegan diet and a three step plan

A place to share your life-changing experiences!

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Allie
Site Admin

Osteoporosis- vegan diet and a three step plan

Postby Allie » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:02 pm

A woman calls into blog talk radio that is 59 years old and has major bone loss and osteoporosis and is wanting to help herself with natural methods. She has been on a vegan diet for the last 25 years and Susun tells her she is now laying in the bed she made with her poor dietary choices. Susun says the only hope for her is to go out and get some meat and there is no way a woman on a vegan diet can have strong bones. Veganism effects everything- your cardiovascular system, kidney, liver, your bones. Susun says psychologically she does not want to participate in life and says vegans are animal haters and explains why. Susun gives the woman a three step plan- start drinking nourishing herbal infusions, eat meat on a daily basis and eat a quart of full fat yogurt a week. Give yourself permission to start to taking care of yourself in a gentle way. Susun tells a story of a woman with severe osteoporosis who increased her energy and bone density through drinking nourishing herbal infusions. Susun says she has seen woman turn around their osteoporosis in 6 months by using her method.. Susun says how important it is that as this woman recovers her health that she pay it back by informing other woman of the myth of veganism. This audio is 12 1/2 minutes in length.
:arrow:
.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Osteoporosis- vegan diet and a three step plan

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Interesting.
I wonder if the woman followed Susun's advice.
I personally find a vegan diet to be too restrictive, too lacking in what I would think as good, healthful nutrients.
I also think/feel that some animal fats are needed, even if its just butter.

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 am

I enjoyed this post too... I can't help wondering what Susun Weed's take is on the vegetarian diet???? This is especially interesting for me as I have just read a book encouraging people to raise their children on a raw food vegan diet.... Well my gut reaction was "hum, maybe a little extreme".... Personally my children (especially my son) really love meat, they would not be happy if it came off the menu. Personally I have experimented with veganism and vegetarianism but have found that for me I really appreciate milk in my diet, and also do desire a little meat. So I just try and source it now from animals that have been raised and slaughtered in as humane a way as possibile...

This triggered a discussion with hubbie (whose been a vegetarian now for many years) over lunch, he was suggesting that there must be someone who a vegan diet suits.... I don't know... are there any vegans out there that have heard this talk? What do you think????

em8

Postby em8 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:01 am

I am not a vegan but I cannot tolerate milk, it simply disagrees with me. When I told a doctor this many years ago he was feared that I was an osteoporosis patient in the waiting, and as much as I hated to admit it to myself (then) his words are coming back to haunt me. He said my multiply pregnancies have made the matter worse. I do eat meat, which we raise ourselves, and I try and eat a healthy diet, but with so many conflicting pieces of advice where does anyone begin.
I realise that this is slightly off the vegan issue but I felt the need to say that its not only vegans that this can affect. Infusions are another problem I have, trying to source a good supply of nettle is not easy here, unless you want it in tiny amounts and for an horrendous price and after reading one of Susuns articles I found that I would need about 6lb of dried nettle for a year! Wow, my drying attempts are pitiful compared to what I need.
Waffled on again, sorry.

gartenzwerg

Postby gartenzwerg » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 pm

I find that very good that Susan takes a stand on it. There is so much BS out people eating raw and vegan and everything. If you look at Chinese medicine they don't think raw is very good at all. As far aas I know TCM tells that too much raw wrecks your digestion (true!). Em8, try bone broths it will do you good.
I am a bit concerned because my partner is long time vegetarian and his digestion is not very good. If you get older you cannot convert the food as efficient as when you are young. But I know you cannot convince and old donkey (unless the donkey does it himself).
To raise kids raw and vegan is plain unhealthy, kids need a lot of fat for their developping brain.

Return to “Menopause Metamorphosis”