Help for Ovarian cyst and heavy bleeding

A place to share your life-changing experiences!

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Glendalyn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help for Ovarian cyst and heavy bleeding

Postby Glendalyn » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi all, I am just about 45 and have started peri menopause. 4 months ago my period stopped, and when it was due I got severe hot flashes instead. These only lasted 3 weeks, then I moved into feeling pregnant.

I was actually conviced I must be pregnant, as I was nauseous, had sore breats, and could feel something growing in my stomach. All preg tests came back neg, and it started to hurt.

I finally went to see my gp who took bloods and scheduled an ultra sound. Tests came back high oestrogen and high cholesterol. Ultra sound showed a 6 ovarian complex ovarian cyst. Bleeding started the day after my gp visit (3 months late), and has progressively gotten heavier. I've now been bleeding for 3 weeks, and it has been quite heavy for about a week.

The cyst really hurts. I've been referred to a gynae, who will recommend surgery. In my 20s, I had 2 cysts surgically removed, so I know how that goes, but I also know the wait could be 6 months, so I have time to try to shrink this thing.

I think the high oestrogen kicked this into gear, I've started taking vitex, as well as milk thistle for detox. Also a good multi-vitamin, c and zinc. I've been prescribed tranexasmic acid to stop the bleeding, but not mad keen to take it. I also doing hot castor oil packs very frequently.

Any other suggestions on getting the oestrogen under control, getting rid of the cyst, and most importantly for right now, stop or slow the bleeding? Part of me thinks bleeding is cleansing, but its gone from a pad a day to 5-6 pads in a day. Also was prescribed galfer, but the e-numbers, shocking, but I will be adding iron, and am eatting kale and spinach several times a day.

Any advice would be welcomed!! And thank you for reading!

Glendalyn
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Help for Ovarian cyst and heavy bleeding

Postby Glendalyn » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Should be 6cm cyst..

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Okay, yeah I would also be wanting the flow to stop at that rate.

Do you have Susun's book "Down There, Sexual and Reproductive Health"?
She suggests on page 138 that OATSTRAW and RED CLOVER are helpful in normalizing hormones.

Some women have luck using SHEPHERDS PURSE for slowing/stopping flooding/excessive bleeding.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:46 pm

I just read something interesting in Lesley Tierra's book "Healing with the Herbs of Life",
MOONBATHE, yup moonbathe. Lesley suggests moonbathing every night to normalize ones menstrual flow, interesting.

Herbnut

Postby Herbnut » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:54 pm

WiseGuy

Herbnut

Postby Herbnut » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I would like to also ask what about using Spirulina for iron?
WiseGuy

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Red Raspberry leaf for hormone levels? I would think so.
Yarrow? I don't know, I think I saw something about using it in combination with_______
I don't know, I don't recall.
Yarrow can help with pain

Glendalyn

Postby Glendalyn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:32 am

Hi all,
Thanks for the replies. As my blood tests came back oestrogen heavy, I'm avoiding anything with natural oestrogen. When I got the hot flashes I was super over doing soy, perhaps that kicked this off, not sure. There are a lot if theories that being copper heavy causes oestrogen dominance and cyst/fybroid problems, So I am avoiding copper as well.

Soo, I have avoided red clover as it is copper heavy and an oestrogen carrier. I drank red raspberry when I was in my last trimester to help tone for birth, so I wonder if it would be more geared towards "flow" then no flow?

I was meant to get some chlorella for the copper and general detox, it should also help with the iron.

I will do some looking into of oatstraw, shepards purse and moonbathe. I live in Ireland, so sometimes it's difficult getting certain herbs.

Read last night that ginger, cinnamon, and thyme are all good at stopping a heavy flow.

I'll keep you all updated, and thanks for the replies.

Glendalyn

Postby Glendalyn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:55 am

Just realised moonbathe is moon bathing (blush!) I actually think this is probably quite beneficial, I have great faith in the power if the moon. In saying that, it is _quite_ cold here in Ireland right now! (We won't mention the almost constant rain!).

Shepards purse sounds brilliant, I will be getting some tea or tincture.

Oatstraw is advised for oestrogen deficiency, so its for the opposite problem, like the red clover. Most menopause problems are related(or belive to be related) to low oestrogen, but in some cases it is oestrogen dominance causing the problems (I actually thought I was pregnant for 8 weeks), in which case most recommendations make the problems worse. Not a lot of women know this, and its easy to actually unknowingly increase your symtoms.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Herbnut

Postby Herbnut » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:14 am

WiseGuy

Return to “Menopause Metamorphosis”