WHAT TO USE FOR CLEANING

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mv13
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

WHAT TO USE FOR CLEANING

Postby mv13 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Wondering what everyone uses to clean and disinfect. I use vinegar and essential oils, but have learned that essential oils isn't a wise choice. Does anyone make their own products? Would appreciated anyones suggestions. Thanks & peace

ItalianBee

Re: WHAT TO USE FOR CLEANING

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:49 pm

I confess to using a lot of commercial products... I do use baking soda and white vinegar too. Once I tried a recipe for dishwasher detergent using borax and a few other things, but it did not work very well - it left a film on everything.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 pm

I use vinegar and baking soda, separately (mixing them neutralizes them), for most of my cleaning. Sometimes I'll throw in some hydrogen peroxide.

AriaBeth

Postby AriaBeth » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 pm

Baking Soda - Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water Solution to make a paste for riding rid of baked on food.

snow moon

Postby snow moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:51 am

I use vinegar for everything, and baking soda to add abrasion … I've come to love the smell as I associate it with a freshly-cleaned apartment.

I too stopped using essential oils and miss them less than I expected. In fact, the smells seem rather overwhelming after being away from them. Though I do use Dr.Bronner's peppermint soap to wash my hands.

mv13

Postby mv13 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks everyone! I appreicate all the advice. Snow moon I also use Dr. Bonner's Peace!!

maiestafreespirit

Postby maiestafreespirit » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:30 pm

I use baking soda and vinegar. I also will juice lemon and oranges and add them to vinegar and water to use as a disinfectant for my surfaces. :D

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:16 am

I usually take my peelings from an orange (or the omni-present little "cutie" tangerine things this time of year) and effectively "Tincture it" in vinegar.
This makes a lovely citrus oil vinegar that smells lovely, and works as a fairly effective de-greaser too! And since I'm just using the rinds that would get composted, it's cheap and easy to make. (The essential oils are mostly in the rind anyway, and this infuses into the vinegar)
Fill jar with orange peel (or lemon, or such I imagine), fill up with vinegar, let sit for a week or ten, depending on your preference for the strength. Decant into spray bottle or other container to use when cleaning kitchen counters and tables, and sundry.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:52 am

I made a gallon of the recipe from Herb Mentor (vinegar, tyme and I can't remember what else). It came out bright red. It works wonders but wipe it right up because it will stain your counters and grout red if you're not careful.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”