Heavy Metal Toxicity

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
crowsdaughter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Heavy Metal Toxicity

Postby crowsdaughter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi,
One of my students is being tested for heavy metal toxicity. I have been working with her
with wise woman ways and wondering if anyone has worked with this issue. I am looking for
nourishing and tonifying herbs to help her. She has some health issues and I am concerned really
strong treatments will be more detrimental to her health.
Thank you and Peace, Julie

Melissa Doordaughter

Re: Heavy Metal Toxicity

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:48 am

Seaweed is supposed to be good at carrying away heavy metals>>>>>?

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 am

I like mega doses of vit c for flushing metals out. Some herbs and foods start getting the metals circulating and vit c helps to get it out.

crowsdaughter

Postby crowsdaughter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Thank you. I found an article Susun wrote about this and she recommends burdock root.
This seems a little gentler than Vit C. I am a little hesitant about seaweed right now because
of the radiation from Fukishima. Just not knowing yet if seaweed gathered will be effected
by radiation.
Peace and Gratitude, Julie

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi Julie,

If you want seaweed from less radioactive waters, dulse is a lovely seaweed from the northeast water of Canada or Ireland.

I have dealt with heavy metal poisoning from a job I had years ago.

It took me a while, but I did a cleansing kit that contained Bladderwrack (kelp), which worked well, but I found it to be a bit strong. And in knowing the powers of clay, I added it to my baths to draw out the metals. This was before the nuclear plant problem happened in Japan.

The following year, I was ready to take the next step, and used French Green Clay or Calcium Bentonite Clay internally and in my bath. It was much more gentle than the bladderwrack and yet was very effective.

It's important to support the system with minerals while undergoing such a treatment, and although the clay itself, has many minerals in it, nettle infusions should help immensely.

I hope this helps.

Owl Eye

Postby Owl Eye » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

She could also try making live miso a regular part of her diet.

crowsdaughter

Postby crowsdaughter » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you all.
Can you say more about "live miso". It is because of fermentation?
Peace, Julie

Owl Eye

Postby Owl Eye » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:19 am

In my opinion fermented live-culture food can be helpful for any health problem. The reason I thought of miso in particular is because in the book "Wild Fermentation" by Sandor Katz he mentions that miso has been shown to provide protection against radiation and heavy metals. But I'd bet that eating yogurt and live sauerkraut would be helpful also. "Live" means it hasn't been pasteurized and still contains the live cultures, so if she does try it remind her to check the label first.

Someone mentioned getting minerals also so bone broth would be another good food to eat.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”