Toothache

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Melissa Doordaughter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Toothache

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 am

Hi Rose Red,

Yes there's the 'Old Sour Puss' vinegar, it's a bit vague, there are so many different plants you can put in.... Well I'll go for a walk with the dog this morning and see whether I can find any nice dandelion leaves.... What space is left in the jar I can fill up with raspberry and blackberry leaves from the garden.

I have been blessed with very thick hair, so far it seems fine.... I did notice after the the first year of breast feeding I had some regrowth that was shorter than the rest, so I guess I had lost some prior to that, but really it's teeth and nails, plus the mouth ulcers (which are puzzling to me, I don't know if that's about Vit B or perhaps my system is too acidic)...

But having reread the chapter on calcium and bones now, I am making a commitment to eat my 3 calcium rich foods a day.... to reduce especially PHOSPHORUS (this could be a key issue, as I have plenty of cheese, meat, organic greens in my diet, but perhaps I am losing it through high consumption of processed biscuits, pasta, coffee and chocolate :oops: )

And today, All Hallows Eve, seems a very good moment for m e to reflect on those important question ' How do I support my self?' and 'What does it mean to have a backbone in life?'... those are from the book.... I'd also add one of my own that seems highly relevant 'What would you fight TOOTH and NAIL for?'! .... In some ways I feel like I have been supporting myself for many years... as a child I looked after myself a lot, as my mother was ill, then I left home early, then my mother passed away young, etc etc. In some ways I wonder if I haven't exhausted my capacity for self support. And never I have never really taken a stand for anything in my life... always just wanted to make things easy and go with the flow.

Now is the time to change that, first with plenty of infusions, yogurt and nuts.... time for me to become HARDER and more SOUR... for the sake of my health!

RoseRed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby RoseRed » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:41 am

Good for you.

I've spent the last year fighting tooth and nail. It's been exhausting but I'm still kicking, too.

If I remember correctly - canker sores are viral. Do you have access to elder berries or usnea?

Melissa Doordaughter

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:41 pm

I've got a lot of elderberry elixir stockpiled in the basement....

AriaBeth

Postby AriaBeth » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:57 pm

Dental problems such as toothaches and bleeding gums can be treated at home with the use of asafetida - Simply add a pinch of powdered asafetida to lemon juice and then warm it slightly. Use a cotton pad to apply the solution on the affected area. This will give you quick relief from the pain.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”