Nettles infusion and Belly Ache!! Ouch!!

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
heart_teller
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nettles infusion and Belly Ache!! Ouch!!

Postby heart_teller » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:04 pm

Nettle Infusion makes my tummy hurt so badly....I can tolerate Oatstraw and LindenLeaf/Flower infusions. I can't stand the taste of nettle also...it makes me feel like throwing up!....I do add a tablespoon or more of raw honey to my infusions to help the taste. What else could I add to stinging nettle to help me get it down without gagging....and its cold when I drink it!....what makes my tummy hurt?....is there anything I could put in with the infusion to stop the tummy ache??....Thank Yawl so very much

Melissa Doordaughter

Re: Nettles infusion and Belly Ache!! Ouch!!

Postby Melissa Doordaughter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:42 am

Hi Heart teller,

If nettle makes you feel sick, perhaps you should just not drink it???? Perhaps their is a sound reason your body doesn't like it right now? Maybe you could come back and try it again some other time.... Oh, Susun recommends adding salt to nettle infusion to improve the flavour, rather than sweetening it.

Tara

Postby Tara » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Oooooo heart teller! The exact same thing happens to me with oatstraw infusion!!! :cry: I had to stop drinking it. Apparently, oatstraw can potentially contain gluten (I cannot have gluten) or get cross-contaminated or whatever, and so I figure this may be why. There may be other reasons, too. I don't know. In any case, just stop the nettle or perhaps try using another batch or buy it from another source?

I dislike the taste of nettle, too :) But I think I'm slowly getting used to it. I think my hair likes it already and it's only been a couple of weeks!

herbgirltam

Postby herbgirltam » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:48 am

I think i've read somewhere to only use the young nettle leaves before it flowers or it can upset your stomach when it starts getting those dangling things i cut it back and when it regrows just cut off the young shoots maybe try that??

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”