Cracked fingertips

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ItalianBee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Cracked fingertips

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:13 pm

Actually it's only my left thumb that has developed deep cracks over the past couple of weeks. I haven't changed my diet or my activities, so I don't know what's causing it outside of my age and the cold New England winter air... but regular hand lotion doesn't touch it, and even my nice home-made lotions with calendula, or liquid lanolin, don't do much.

What experience do you wise women have with this, and what has helped?

Lady Alinor

Re: Cracked fingertips

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:17 am

Sorry it took me so long to notice this.
I also experience this, I live in the Pacific Northwest with high himidity.
I recall reading historical accounts of how sore, cracked and bleeding peoples hand would get during the Winter.
I personally find that my cracks get worse when I don't drink enough water or slack off on the infusions, it's real easy for me to forget to drink when it's so cold outside.
Nettle infusion benefits the skin from the inside out and my son swears by Nettle salve on his hands. Coconut oil is a nice healer also.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 pm

Thanks, Lady A. I hadn't thought of making a salve of nettles! The problem has now moved to my right thumb.... so far the combination of keeping it covered and making sure to put some kind of lotion on it regularly, seems to have helped most. Hard to know, though. But I think nettle salve may be my next project!

WhiteHorse

Postby WhiteHorse » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:23 pm

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am

Dang, you're all cracked up ...wink, wink hahaha
Sorry, having one of those mornings haha

Triphala on the cracks.....Slippery Elm......Plantain.....this time of year is hard on the hands and Summer it's the feet complaining.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:54 pm

St. John's Wort to soothe the nerves in the finger tips.
It's amazing how painful the cracks can be

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:23 am

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”