panax tincture

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WhiteHorse

panax tincture

Postby WhiteHorse » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:18 pm

I have been blessed to aquire some fresh local and very old ginseng roots that I want to tincture. I often see the whole root in the bottle. When I do other roots, I cut them up. Is there a reason that the whole root is what I see? is it because a whole dried root is being used?

WhiteHorse

Re: panax tincture

Postby WhiteHorse » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:06 pm

I decided to slice the root. It was a 10 year old root. I planted the very old ones.

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:29 am

Lucky you!
I too have wondered about the whole root, perhaps it has to do with the maker doesn't plan on using it anytime soon..has all the time in the world to let the menstrum do its thing...plus it looks cool haha.
Pharmacist/Chemist used to be judged by the color of their chemicals, concoctions, and formulas. Cloudy? Not good. Off looking colors? Not a good pharmacist/chemist..everything had to be beautiful, each shop wants to stand out and get the most and best clients.
Just guessing..?

WhiteHorse

Postby WhiteHorse » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Lady, I agree. I also was thinking that sometimes the dried root is used. it gets very hard!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”