Essential Oils

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chicago Lady
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Essential Oils

Postby Chicago Lady » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 pm

Hello, everyone. I got a box of essential oils for Christmas. The oils are; lavender. tea tree, peppermint, rosemary, orange, eucalyptus, lemongrass, and frankincense. In the past I have used tea tree oil successfully, but don't have a clue what to do with the others. Do I put them in a defuser? In my bath? I read Susun's article about essential oils, but need some suggestions as to what I should do with them. Thanks!

Allie
Site Admin

Re: Essential Oils

Postby Allie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:46 pm

Susun does not recommend essential oils at all. Since this site is about Susuns teachings we'd prefer this topic to not be discussed other than to talk about alternatives to their use.

Here's more from Susun about it:
http://www.wisewomanmentor.com/wise-woman-ezine/4178949

.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Allie
Site Admin

Postby Allie » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Just to clarify further. I am not trying to be abrupt in my response.

There are many groups on the internet to discuss herbs and essential oils. This forum is specifically about Susun Weeds teachings. We simply do not want there to be a discussion promoting something Susun is against the use of. That would give the wrong message to readers, and confuse some people.

You are all free to private message each other about essential oils and your experiences with them.
.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Kazina

Postby Kazina » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:45 pm

If this site is about Susun Weed's teachings shouldn't we be able to discuss them in depth and not be hushed if there seems to be a reason to question or sort out the details of them? I for some reason doubt that Susun would be the type of person to want women's free expression to be limited.. am I mistaken in that? I for one do not find the evidence on her page to support her position. for one thing she cites a study about essential oils and pathogenic bacteria saying that it is disrupting the human species but the study just seems to go into length about it disrupting the bad bacteria.

Essential oils are the same constituents found in the same plants or foods they are derived from, only stronger not dissimilar from herbal infusions or extractions, but in many cases they are more pure because if they're cold-pressed they don't go through heat or have alcohol as a solvent etc. depending on which essential oil you get. just as you'd use herbs wisely you want to use essential oils wisely as well and if one is to be told not to use essential oils because there are complaints about their constituents then they should be told not to use the whole plant or herbal extraction formulas of it either! her stance just not make sense and yes as you say Allie there are many places to discuss essential oils online because they are worth using. I have seen endless studies about their usefulness and amazing ability to heal so I just think Susun has not researched the subject properly and is confused with the misinformation she is citing on the link you provided. I also think it is quite obvious that consuming anything from an animal such as its milk or butter is obviously toxic yet Susun recommends that and then has an issue with natural plant volatile oils, or the essential spirit of the plant, being used.. I'm bewildered and saddened and wish this forum was more open to factual information being shared whether it agrees with Susun's apparent limited knowledge about the subject or offers exploration of it.. I think a wise woman would choose to be open to exploration and further learning and correction if it is merited. I understand if this forum is not meant for actual wise women discussion and you must censor my post or ban me even but I just think it's unfortunate and nonsense to continue being blunt..

Kazina

Postby Kazina » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:27 pm

at the same time if she is so concerned about gut flora which her article closes with, so many herbs interfere with gut flora.. but like many herbs, many essential oils used properly also just work to improve gut flora because they contain a divine intelligence and help positive beneficial bacteria while helping stop the harmful ones.. there is just so much wrong with her explanation for her stance on this topic and I think it should be open to investigation and exploration. if we're not allowed to discuss essential oils outside of Susun's teachings we should at least be able to discuss her teachings then

and the company she does recommend Kuumba made uses toxic ingredients in some of their preparations! and sells brightly colored glitter in addition.. I hardly think this is a superior option to pure essential oils used wisely.. what a shame

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

Kazina...WELCOME! And welcome to this discussion!
If you go down to the TALKING STICK Room you will find that we have been discussing EO usage.
This is why we are discussing this subject in TALKING STICK I qoute "Pass the Talking Stick and express yourself..........Discuss Medical, Political, Scientific and other important matters".

Please, come on down and lets talk!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”