Sarcoidosis, pulmonary with blood clots and pressing breathing problems

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

Loretta
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sarcoidosis, pulmonary with blood clots and pressing breathing problems

Postby Loretta » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Hello: I am trying to help a man with advanced pulmonary sarcoidosis with blood clots; who is having trouble breathing. I have researched many items of immune modulators, natural of course, attempting to address the root cause, but he is on many toxic pharmaceuticals, and is very ill, and needs asap a rescue remedy for breathing which will not affect his blood clots or interact with his pharmaceuticals, which hopefully, if he can be stabilized, he can slowly rid himself of. I''d appreciate any advice and help available. Thanks, Loretta

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sarcoidosis, pulmonary with blood clots and pressing breathing problems

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi Loretta, Wow, that's a tough one.
One could start with 'What is he eating', some foods can cause additional inflammation in the airways.
What is his environment like...damp? Dry?
I bet we could come up with something that might be helpful BUT as you stated "Which will not affect his blood clots", makes things tricky but doable I'm sure.

Loretta

Postby Loretta » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:10 am

Hi Lady: Yes, tricky for sure. I was thinking to one: start slowly with the right natural immune modulator, but he is already taking high doses of cortisone. But obviously, the cortisone is not reducing the inflamation of the sarcoids in his lungs; a major factor in difficulty of breathing. Then, I thought perhaps some herbal infusion that could address the pulmonary mucous membranes, like marshmallow. Aloe vera is an antinflamatory but don't know how to use it for lungs. About the clots, you are right, he is grossly overweight: I did find reference that the clots in sarcoidosis can be caused by overweight, and I mentioned this to him, but I wasn't able to talk long with him about that; and most of the weight is in his front. Unfortunately, he has had this for 20 years and has not do anything but take what's handed to him and has minimal understanding except to say his doctor tells him nothing. Thanks for your input Lady.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

How is his elimination....urine output? BM's?
Dairy consumption?
Is his diet high in gluten containing grains?
What does his tongue look like? Swollen, scalloped, fissured, pointed, squared, etc? Color...pale or red or purple? Coated?...etc.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:44 pm

Is his difficulty breathing because of phlegm?

Loretta

Postby Loretta » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Lady: I would have to get him over here to as him more specifically about his output and intake. I'm sure the sarcoids create much coughing, the blood clots am sure doesn't help. But, I haven't seen phlegm when he's coughed around me; it's sound more as an irritative cough; but I will ask about phlegm. I'm thinking if his O2 sat is 94, he would be able to breath if there weren't obstructions. Sarcoids are definately obstructions. A question is how to either break them down slowly to be absorbed, or find a better immune antiinflamatory than cortisone. Though, it would be nice to know the root of the problem. According to some research the condition ican be caused by exposure to inhaled toxins. He has worked in construction for many years. Best Lorette

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:14 am

Lorette, I found something interesting.
When your friend is having a particularly hard time breathing he could consider either acupressure to the GB23 area or even massage that area.
http://www.steve-woodley.co.uk/?content ... oint=GB-23

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:22 am

Traditional Chinese Medicine treats Sarcoidosis as if the granulomas are nothing more than accumulations of Phlegm (an accumulation of Damp Heat).
So the Tx would be to resolve those masses and clear the Heat and toxins.....without moving the clots the wrong direction.

Loretta

Postby Loretta » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 pm

Yes Lady: More intensive research indicates that the embolisms are the biggest problem to his breathing now. The clots must be resolved first. The way he describes the difficulty breathing is really appears at the present to be the clots. We talked about his juicing, lots of berries and fruit, and cutting down on meat and fatty foods. His blood is thick, and vessels clogged proably; and that can be turned around by diet. I will ask him about his urine, stools, and cardiac condition, and try to get a r I wilecord of his total BMR profile. The cause of the clots could be sarcoid derived; or circulatory and cardiac issues. He is coughing up lots of clear mucous he says and is on Bactrim. I thought the first things to try probiotics, diet and alkinalizing, possibly plant sterols if I can secure it's safe for him. He is already on blood thinners; but who knows how clogged his vessels could be; or what else is out of balance. If his clots are gone, I know a product called Resprin; it's been great for progressed CoPD cases, life altering. Where is the GB23 area Lady, it's certainly worth a try!!!!! Thanks so much for all your input. Cheers Loretta.

Loretta

Postby Loretta » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

Hello Lady: I was wondering if you knew of a tea formulant for inhalation that has both the characteristic of blood thinning tendencies and antiinflamatories, I was thinking of Curcurmen/Tumeric. Thanks Loretta

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”