Devils claw for labor pain relief?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Amandajhartman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Devils claw for labor pain relief?

Postby Amandajhartman » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:36 pm

I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and have been researching different herbal option for labor pain. One very intriguing herb that I haven't been able to find much information on is Devils claw. Apparently it's been traditionally used as a labor pain reliever in Africa at low doses (250mg 3xs/day) starting a couple weeks before labor. I was all set to try this remedy (and had my midwife's go-ahead) when a friend told me their naturopath/herbalist advised against it due to stillbirth concerns. In all my searching I never have seen anything related to stillbirth and was wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable in this herb.

Thanks!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”