Meadowsweet NHI?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NatureGirl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Meadowsweet NHI?

Postby NatureGirl » Thu May 11, 2017 1:15 am

Hello Wise Women

I have been using dried meadowsweet as a tea, but am interested in trying it as an infusion. Is it high in volatile oils (or anything else) that would make this not-such-a-good-idea?

Big thanks for your help
Jane

Lady Alinor

Re: Meadowsweet NHI?

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon May 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Well.....Juliette de Bairacli Levy writes in "Common Herbs for Natural Health" "a handful of flowers made into a Standard Brew" a Standard Brew to her is a handful of flowers per 2 cups of nearly boiling water....cover and allow to simmer, without boiling, for 3 minutes, remove from heat and steep at least 3 hours....an infusion. :)

Hope that helps.

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Sun May 21, 2017 2:55 pm

I have used dried meadowsweet leaves infusion regularly the last year. It is a good anti-inflammatory, astringent herb that can do miracles with an too active stomach. The taste is rather acrid, but good with honey added (if you do not mind eating fast sugars).
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat May 27, 2017 8:31 am

I've used meadowsweet in a tincture with white willow bark, but maybe now I will try the infusion!

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 am

I really love the flavor of Meadowsweet tincture...very floral tasting to me.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”