post menapause bleeding

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

kmartin60
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

post menapause bleeding

Postby kmartin60 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:25 pm

I was almost a total year bleed free when all of a sudden the flooding hit. I have been taking chickweed tincture but stopped when the flooding started.. can I still take it? I do have ladies Mantle but it exp 2014 BUT it has been in fridge continually! Can I still take it? The doc wants me in and dread to think what she will push to do... was going to have hubby pick up some wild yam capsules tomorrow at the health food store on his lunch.. any advise gladly welcomed! Grreenest Blessings, Kim

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: post menapause bleeding

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:15 am

Kim...how is it going? Still bleeding? Have you been to the doctor yet?
Some women find Shepherds Purse helpful relieving flooding/heavy bleeding.
Tell us about your Lady's Mantle, is it in capsule form or loose whole or loose cut and sifted?
Some herbs are lucky to keep their freshness 6 months, just depends how ground/powdered the herb is.....how does it smell, how's the taste?
If it still has scent and flavor I would be willing to give an herb a try.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:10 pm

I would, though, definitely go to the doctor. My sister had postmenopausal bleeding that turned out to be uterine cancer. At the very least it is a good idea to gather information from all quarters you can, then you have a real choice.

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:36 am

Sorry for the delay in responding! Well, the period lasted 14 days, the ladies Mantle I had in the fridge was in tincture form I had bought but hubby went and got me fresh loose herb from the health food store in B.A. and I used in in my raspberry tea plus took part of it and made my own tincture for when and if it starts up again. I went in and had a sonogram and found out my endometrial lining is really really thick and I have a cyst on right ovary that's 3.2 cm x 4.3cm x 3.2cm So, the docs peeps are going to set me up with a gynecologist Monday for a appointment. I still have been taking: wild yam caps (2 a day), Serrapeptase caps (same) , chickweed tincture (full dropper 3x a day) and ACV caps 3 a day so we shall see what doc says when I get in to see him.....See if I cant get it to shrink for I see him that would be cool! ;)

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sun May 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Good luck!

harry56

Postby harry56 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Makes sense though...eating 'wild' has its cautions. I love to pick greens in the mountains and I always wonder if those picked further from water are really any safer....Watercress I know can be problematic here ...Liver Flukes.

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:20 pm

what does anyone know about a "Hysteroscopy" with D&C)? any advice for herbal care afterwards? Would appreciate it. (Nervous!) Greenest Blessings, Kim

kmartin60

Postby kmartin60 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Ok. I went this last Wednesday and had the surgical procedure done (You can tell its a money maker for them but even with the production line it was a real incredible experience!) Anyway... they found and took out a HUGE fibroid? and a cyst.. (??? thought both were the same shrugs) doc told hubby that he had trouble getting it out! But they sent home a batch of photos of what it all looked like and the 2 things they found in there... 1 looked like a CEPHLAPOD! I had a kraken in my womb! I swear it even had what looked like a little EYE! Freaked me out big time~

The procedure started at 10am was on way home by 11:45ish? for a unwanted procedure it was a very smooth experience except now.. I'm still bleeding a bit.. they talk like its normal everyone says its normal but.. we shall wait and see I suppose...anyway, just thought I would note how it had gone and now time to increase my steps to prevent it from happening again! (When doc calls I will get size etc info and update) Brightest Blessings everyone! :mrgreen:

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Thanks for the update! It sounds as if it went OK overall and I hope the bleeding stops.

I found these definitions for a fibroid and a cyst:

Fibroids, also known as uterine myomas, leiomyomas, or fibromas, are firm, compact tumors that are made of smooth muscle cells and fibrous connective tissue that develop in the uterus. It is estimated that between 20 to 50 percent of women of reproductive age have fibroids, although not all are diagnosed. From the UCLA medical site

Cysts: Cysts are abnormal, closed sac-like structures within a tissue that contain a liquid, gaseous, or semisolid substance. Cysts can occur anywhere in the body and can vary in size. The outer, or capsular, portion of a cyst is termed the cyst wall. From medicinenet.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:09 pm

So glad you are on the mend!

It is amazing how 'adept' the medical system has become at the conveyor belt medicine and surgery....Shocking almost.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”