Tincture Making

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Herbnut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tincture Making

Postby Herbnut » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:08 pm

I know the basic folk method of tincture making. However I am confused on ratios, as the store bought ones have a 1:2 1:5. What does that mean? Do I measure it as 1/2 cup of herb to 1 cup of alcohol, or 1oz "weight" to 2-5 oz "volume"?

Also what ratio do I chose?
WiseGuy

Lady Alinor

Re: Tincture Making

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi Herbnut.....1:2 and 1:5 mean Yes 1 part to 2 parts or 1 part to 5 BUT it is 1 part herb by weight and 2 or 5 parts by volume.
The one you use is 1:2 for fresh and 1:5 for dried plant material.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”