Any Luck with Chasteberry/Vitex

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CinnamonGirl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Any Luck with Chasteberry/Vitex

Postby CinnamonGirl » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:16 pm

A friend of mine recently went to a naturopath and was diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance. The doctor suggested a bunch of treatments including DIM, yoni steaming, and an improved diet but she also suggested she look into chasteberry or vitex. I found this article that talk a bit about using chasteberry to level out a hormone imbalance: . However, I wanted to reach out to this community to see if any of you have tried chasteberry and had any luck with it? Also, are there any side effects? The doctor hadn't heard of any but also told us she'd never personally used chasteberry.

Lady Alinor

Re: Any Luck with Chasteberry/Vitex

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi CinnamonGirl....have you read this http://www.susunweed.com/Article_Vitex_RedMoonHerbs.htm

11imagen02

Postby 11imagen02 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:54 pm

I had a hormonal imbalance a few years ago that I was managing myself. I tried vitex for one month and i had an emotional breakdown. I can't be sure if that was what caused it, but it definitely made me alarmed enough to stop taking it.
Before I started taking it, I had an herbalist friend caution me that sometimes it can exacerbate the problem for certain people. I may have been one of them.
Has she started taking it? I really curious to hear about her experience.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am

11imagen02.....perhaps the Vitex was helping the Liver get rid of backed up emotional baggage.
Interesting.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:49 am

This is a great write-up on Chasteberry aka Vitex...of course Christopher Hobbs knows his herb lore.
http://www.christopherhobbs.com/library ... aste-tree/

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”