Digestive Ulcer blend

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Herbhunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Digestive Ulcer blend

Postby Herbhunter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:15 am

Hello everyone again!

My dad has suffered from digestive ulcers off and on for years now and the same place I get the horse joint supplement from that you all helped me with, have a ulcer blend that works great for horses so I figured why not get my dad to try it! Well it works great! But again it's expensive! Could anyone please help with how to formulate this blend? It contains (and this is the order it's printed on the label) slippery elm bark, Fennel seed, Irish Moss, Carrot powder, Licorice root, Marshmallow root, Myrrh gum, Plantain leaf, and Scullcap. Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Lady Alinor

Re: Digestive Ulcer blend

Postby Lady Alinor » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

The above formula looks like it tastes good...really!
Carrot powder...how does that fit in?!..high in Vitamins A, C, several of the B's and K. Also carrots are loaded with calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous.....

Herbhunter

Postby Herbhunter » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:58 am

It does taste good Lady A! Or atleast I think so lol!
The carrot powder kinda stumped me too! The only thing I figured is that it's in there as an "Assisting" part of the formula? Because many of the vitamins and minerals you mentioned were in carrots are recommended to help heal ulcers...but I'm not sure...

Herbhunter

Postby Herbhunter » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:07 am

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Myrrh assists with the actual healing of the ulcer, so would it work best in the same role as plantain, slippery elm, marshmallow, irish moss....anti- inflammatory.
Plantain, fennel, slippery elm, carrot powder, irish moss, and marshmallow are nutritive as well as healing....working many jobs.
Myrrh playing a larger role but at a lesser amount is something to consider.
BTW....not all 'roles' need filled in every formula.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:20 am

In The Male Herbal, James Green shares an ulcer remedy.
Page 85-87 he discusses ulcers and the digestive system. Mr. Green shares 2 recipes/ formulas, the first contains Comfrey root with Marshmallow root, the other has easy to get herbs Echinacea, Goldenseal, Plantain, Chamomile, Meadowsweet, American Cranesbill.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”