Books and Topics for Men

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Books and Topics for Men

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:58 pm

I am one female amoungst three men (husband and 2 grown sons), so as one can imagine I have many herb books geared towards women and of course many Materia Medica but no books just for and about men's issues...so...
We purchased James Green's book "The Male Herbal" (perhaps I have already mentioned this? ;) ), and I am slowly working my way through in a random haphazard way....I pick up the book open and read what my eyes fall on first, today I opened the book to chapter 10, page 169, A WESTERN CONSTITUTIONAL HEALTH MODEL, Know Thyself Well.
This chapter has been very helpful and insightful in that it helps one determine their constitutional type which then makes it easier to pick herbs, formulas, foods and physical activities to match, much like the Ayurvedic VATA, PITTA, and KAPHA dosha/constitution types...James uses SEER, WARRIOR and MONARCH (William Sheldon-1889-1977 created the terms ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph)....Seer, Warrior, Monarch, how masculine is that, masculine and empowering!
It would have been nice to have this book when my boys were teens, don't know if they would've read it but I would have !!!

SEER: Usually tall, slim/thin, wiry, with slight sinewy muscles...thin chest, long limbs, fragile looking hands and feet,...triangular face, skin dry, cold, rough...

WARRIOR: Muscle and bone structure well developed, square hard body, large trunk, big chest narrow waist, heavy square jaw, coarse thick skin

MONARCH: Large frame, round soft looking body, with most around middle, head is round, skin soft and smooth.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”