Vitamin C/Garlic Clove for Yeast Infection

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CinnamonGirl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vitamin C/Garlic Clove for Yeast Infection

Postby CinnamonGirl » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Good afternoon! I fear that I may be experiencing either a yeast infection or a UTI and I've scheduled a doctor's appointment tomorrow but I typically like to attempt home remedies before taking any doctor prescribed medications. A friend of mine suggested inserting a vitamin C capsule but that doesn't seem right to me. However, I've heard the insertion of a garlic clove can work wonders. Has anyone here tried either method and, if so, would you recommend?

Lady Alinor

Re: Vitamin C/Garlic Clove for Yeast Infection

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:48 am

Have you tried Yogurt down there...nice COLD yogurt...works nicely!

CinnamonGirl

Postby CinnamonGirl » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:20 pm

I'm on the antibiotics now but I'm noting yogurt in case I run into this in the future. Thanks for your response!

Greenwitch

Postby Greenwitch » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Oh the yeasties are the absolute worst! Did you end up having a yeast infection or a UTI?

There was a time when I had frequent infections due to poor health and issues with my then-partner . . . these infections can be so emotionally influenced! It's exhausting too!

For future reference, I have used garlic cloves with good results. But be careful not to nick the garlic clove too much or it can cause some burning / discomfort from the juices. I've also tried yogurt topically and it's INCREDIBLY soothing, though it's never actually cleared up a yeast infection for me before.

And speaking of yogurt--since you're on the antibiotics, are you taking steps to moderate the side effects? Antibiotics kill all the good flora, too, so you're more likely to have a return of the yeasties! Daily yogurt will help replenish the good bacteria, and nettle and oat straw infusion are good for your gut! You could also take probiotic capsules for a while to help replenish lost intestinal flora, but it's even better to get it from yogurt and other fermented foods! Here's a very detailed letter from Susun about dealing with Candida (there are some surprising pieces of info here):

http://www.susunweed.com/herbal_ezine/W ... -02.htm#q2

Also, in case it happens again, I really really love the Vitanica Yeast Arrest Suppositories. They have never failed to clear up a yeast infection for me, AND they soothe at the same time as they medicate.

Hope everything clears up quickly without relapse!

Herbnut

Postby Herbnut » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:01 pm

I understand apple cider vinegar is used for yeast infections.

Random Article: ;-D
http://www.life-saving-naturalcures-and ... ction.html
WiseGuy

Greenwitch

Postby Greenwitch » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:05 pm

Herbnut I have tried that too! And it works all right, better for a mild case than for the persistent recurring types, in my experience. But the vinegar should be diluted or it will burn!

Also, in general washes and douches are a mixed bag, because they can flush out valuable flora and disrupt the bodies natural lubrication (and dry lady parts are not good!). Still, if it's all you've got it can work!

CinnamonGirl

Postby CinnamonGirl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 pm

Thanks so much, everyone! Great resources! So glad I found this community! It was a yeast infection unfortunately but it seems to have passed. I was really hoping to avoid the antibiotics so hopefully I can try some of these remedies if I experience another in the future. I have some probiotics from the health food store in the fridge but I'm really looking forward to reading more about the candida info from Susun. I eat too much sugar so I was thinking it's time for a candida cleanse.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”