Which oil is the best oil?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

WhiteHorse

Re: Which oil is the best oil?

Postby WhiteHorse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 pm

I prefer sweet almond oil. I like the way it feels on my skin and in my hair.

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 am

My son gave me some Walnut oil to play with, so far I like it in combination with coconut oil for my dry Winter skin.
Walnut oil also makes an awesome salad dressing oil.

WhiteHorse

Postby WhiteHorse » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:09 pm

Lady Alinor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Nice fantasy, WhiteHorse!

Kazina

Postby Kazina » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:35 pm

most canola oil is likely gmo but it is not as a rule gmo.. it is "hybridized" I'm rather certain.. a process not completely dissimilar to genetic modification as the ominous practice of Monsanto etc.. but actually most fruits and vegetables or produce today are hybridized though only a handful of products are gmo. canola is one, along with soy, corn, cotton, tobacco, zucchini, summer squash, papaya, even apples but not most varieties. but not every item from the list is always going to be gmo, just most of some depending where you are. Hyridized food is made when they mess with the genes and stuff but with genetic modification it's pretty likely the do gene splicing and add evil microbes and stuff such as with the process of corn where they pretty much inject gut exploding bacteria into every cell of the future plant by the seed. I'm not sure about the other gmo processes but hybridizing is not ideal but not as bad as all that. Heirloom variety is the best meaning it's not been tampered with.

yeah what Kezzie says about olive oil being impostered is an important fact to consider but there are brands that are trustworthy. I don't care for olive oil that much though since I started using other oils because the smell bothers me. We use grapeseed oil for cooking all the time now though an issue with that is it's not commonly organic. I've only experimented with making a few infusions and used coconut oil because of its solidification factor

WhiteHorse

Postby WhiteHorse » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:42 pm

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”