Mugwort

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jaxxs Herblover
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mugwort

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:25 pm

If anyone has any experience with mugwort, have you ever seen a mugwort plant's leaf veins turn red? I have it growing all around but there is one in a pot growing with some Poppy and Nigella sativa. Weird. Maybe it isn't mugwort? Maybe one if the kids poured something on it? It's the weirdest thing. It's genuine plant that I have e been focusing on when I go out to visit those plants. I have touched it and chewed up one of its leaves. Oh well it certainly looked just like mugwort until these changes.

Jaxxs Herblover

Re: Mugwort

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:38 am

Oh yes and one more thing I remembered. I had taken a comfrey root poultice off my shoulder for three days and spread the comfrey leather around all of the plants growing at my front steps. Could the nutrients in the poultice have caused that? Whatever it was it appears that this moma mugwort doesn't like it. If anyone can understand this - this one little but maturing plant is extra special compared to the others to me for some reason.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:54 am

In a pot?
Could be it had a stressful day, got too hot or too dry for a short time. Could be winding down for Fall, putting energy into the roots instead of leaves.
Has it flowered yet?
Potted plants act different, they are in a world of their own so to speak.

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 am

It has started to flower.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:48 am

Comfrey leaves are often added to compost, and I know many herbalists place spent herb around the base of plants as a 'mulch'.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:38 pm

I also know now that a small piece of the comfrey poultice leather that I dropped into an aloe plant killed the plant. The aloe simply released itself from its roots and flopped out of the pot and onto the table. I've had that plant for about six years. The aloe in the leaves is still good right now though, so I will use it. Maybe I will drink it.

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Want to say though that my other plants loved it and are doing better.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:18 pm

Weird.... Maybe flush the plant (water until water runs out bottom of pot)?

Jaxxs Herblover

Postby Jaxxs Herblover » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:15 pm

I will try that. Thank you.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”