Arnica

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

ItalianBee
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Arnica

Postby ItalianBee » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:17 am

A friend and I both have arthritis, and she mentioned a little while ago that she has been rubbing arnica (commercially bought) on it. Of course I thought "I could make that!" and I started an oil. Now it's ready and I am thinking of turning it into a salve - less messy.

So my question is, first, has anybody ever used this for arthritis? And second, what would be good to mix with it, if anything? I have some St. John's wort oil, so I thought of that, but anything else?

I'm thinking I will keep some of it just arnica and some of it to experiment with adding other things, since I have a fair amount.

Herbnut
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Arnica

Postby Herbnut » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:47 pm

A local Herbalist, who makes Arnica salves adds peppermint Essential oil.
WiseGuy

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought of that!

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:12 pm

Wintergreen is a nice addition too.
By adding the SJW you can also use it as a sunscreen lol

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:36 pm

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Oh - and I had thought of adding a little cayenne - can't remember where, but I have run across suggestions that the heat of cayenne can help, sort of the way a heating pad does I guess. But of course I wouldn't add too much! Has anybody tried cayenne in topical preparations?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Yes, cayenne is amazing....brings blood to the surface....warming!

WhiteHorse

Postby WhiteHorse » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:18 pm

I use Arnica oil in combination with Epsom salts. I find it a very potent combination. Epsom doesn't dissolve in oil though. I made an epsom/arnica ointment and it was difficult to get it to blend. It needs to be used on moistened skin.

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:45 am

Ahhhh, Magnesium for pain relief.

ItalianBee

Postby ItalianBee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:22 am

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”