, I had heard about chaga years ago an had forgotten about it.ItalianBee
, there does seem to be some very distinct things to watch out for if questioning and you're not sure. One thing that I notice screams out toxic is a yellow.. I forget the word, but if your press the stem it should not bruise yellow. "Inky" coloured, however is good.
Apparently my aunt was a forager for mushrooms, and she never killed anyone, so she must have known what she was doing. Ha ha!
I have been slowly learning over the past year, a little here and there. Observing, picture taking, coming home and noting what is written about the mushroom and it's poisonous counterparts, then looking for those differences the next time I go out and see it in nature. I'm almost at the point here I feel confident with quite a few mushrooms, enough to help me survive if need be anyway. I'm 100% confident I won't remember majority of the names though!