The last few months I've been learning about mushrooms, wanting to be able to forage for more f my food as time goes by, or for when I am on one of my walks - it would be nice not to have to carry so much food. So this was very exciting!
I recognised them, but don't recall the names, so that's what I'll do now is connect what I saw with the name.
Does anyone else forage for mushrooms?
ItalianBee, there does seem to be some very distinct things to watch out for if questioning and you're not sure. One thing that I notice screams out toxic is a yellow.. I forget the word, but if your press the stem it should not bruise yellow. "Inky" coloured, however is good.
Apparently my aunt was a forager for mushrooms, and she never killed anyone, so she must have known what she was doing. Ha ha!
I have been slowly learning over the past year, a little here and there. Observing, picture taking, coming home and noting what is written about the mushroom and it's poisonous counterparts, then looking for those differences the next time I go out and see it in nature. I'm almost at the point here I feel confident with quite a few mushrooms, enough to help me survive if need be anyway. I'm 100% confident I won't remember majority of the names though!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests