Teasel

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MurielAlicia

Teasel

Postby MurielAlicia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm

I have some teasel root coming, the plan is to make tincture - I really don't like alcohol but is it necessary to use it to get the healing properties properly?

Also - while I'm waiting for the tincture to infuse, I would like to make tea or infusion or something to start benefiting from it - what would be best?

Thanks!

CelestialTerrestrial
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Teasel

Postby CelestialTerrestrial » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:22 pm

I have never made anything with teasel - we don't have any here - but if you cannot extract the properties in a vegetable glycerine base and you don't like the taste of alcohol, maybe a happy medium is an elixir? Make an extract of the teasel in brandy, then fill with 25% raw honey. Or you could use vinegar for the extract. And you could always mix some honey in with that to make an electuary. What are you using the teasel for, if I may ask. Just for curiosity's sake. :)

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”