Infused oils

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
barefootgirl77
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Infused oils

Postby barefootgirl77 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:18 am

Not sure where to ask my questions. I hope here is ok. Can I infuse oil with fresh mullein leaves? The current harvested mullein has very little flowers. I want it for general skincare. I have mullein drying for use in infusions for my lungs as I have had a cough for 5 months now. I am suspecting a fungal infection in them. When making my infusions for drinking what part of the dried mullein do I use? I have individual leaves drying as well as the flower stock and leaves. Thanks for any and all help ahead of time.

barefootgirl77

Re: Infused oils

Postby barefootgirl77 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:05 am

Still hoping someone might be able to answer my questions. Thanks again for viewing my post and for any answers you might be able to give me.

NateFlory

Re: Infused oils

Postby NateFlory » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:04 am

I am not personally familair with Mullien, other than making my own dried leaves/flowers, but from a vague memory fresh leaves work as well for infused oils. Howeve,r they are very "moist" so you'd have to be careful with mold in your oil, unless you simmer it or such? Sorry I don't have direct specifics to help, but I'm sure someone here will reply soon enough. :)

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”