need advice on Motherwort & Valerian tinctures

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kmartin60
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

need advice on Motherwort & Valerian tinctures

Postby kmartin60 » Tue May 19, 2015 2:29 pm

I know there is another thread about panic attacks but went ahead and started new thread
(please remove this if I did this wrong mods) Anyway I had a episode Friday afternoon (1st time EVER) and had to have hubby come home and rush me to ER but after all the tests and all were done the doc RX'ed me as: "Hyperventilation Syndrome" now I understand paranoia been there before but never such a PANIC attack that I truly thought I was dying or having a stroke even scared hubby 1/2 to death! Passing out in car as he made the rush to the ER It was unbelievably BAD~

ANYWAY doc gave me "Clonazepam 0.5mg" just enough till I could get to my reg doc. and I now have appointment with doc Thursday to get RX.....

I really don't want this drug but I never EVER want to have another day like last Friday EVER! So, I have gone on here and online and bought both Motherwort and Valerian tinctures and capsules of the Motherwort, also went and researched all the forums about panic attacks etc etc.. and will still get the RX if Doc will give it.

Did also start the "Panic Diary" & meditating all the ideas that seem to work most for folks but now comes how to incorporate the herbs? Or use them instead of? What dosages? Is there time limits before giving them a break? Any help would be sooo very much appreciated more than you could ever know.....Brightest Blessings my fellow weed eaters... ;)

anikozala

Re: need advice on Motherwort & Valerian tinctures

Postby anikozala » Wed May 20, 2015 11:07 am

Hi! I hope that that diary and meditation is helping. I've used valerian tinctures and capsules for my own anxiety before with success. For me, I started with taking 15 drops in some water a couple of times a day. Sometimes I took more, which I felt comfortable doing because I had also taken about 30 drops of the tincture at night when anxiety was keeping me from sleep. I knew how 30 drops would affect me. Start smaller with 15 and see if that helps. Much luck and light.

Lady Alinor

Re: need advice on Motherwort & Valerian tinctures

Postby Lady Alinor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:03 pm

I find Hawthorn tincture a great helper herb, great assist to Motherwort ( Motherwort, Hawthorn, and St. John's Wort are my go-to when in the midst of a freak-out).
Jim McDonald has a great youtube video about the virtues of Hawthorn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGB9Do- ... AA064FB1D9

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”