Fig Leaf Tincture?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paigerussell
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fig Leaf Tincture?

Postby paigerussell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:52 am

I have a beautiful fig tree in my backyard and I am wondering if I can make a tincture using the fresh leaves?

ItalianBee

Re: Fig Leaf Tincture?

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:20 am

I don't actually know anything about this from experience, but a quick google of "fig leaf tincture" brought some results, including that fig leaves have been used for diabetes. I'll be interested to hear if anybody has used the leaves for that or anything else!

paigerussell

Postby paigerussell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 am

I saw that too, which I am hypoglecemic so I was thinking this could be helpful for me. I couldn't find a thing on anyone making a tincture from the leaves though.

lalacurf121

Postby lalacurf121 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 am

the leaves for that or anything else!

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:20 am

Figs have been used in asian herbalism, but that is not my tradition. Figs might be good!
/ Niklas
------------------------------------------------------------
Traditional uses, phytochemistry and pharmacology of Ficus carica: a review.
Review article
Badgujar SB, et al. Pharm Biol. 2014.
Show full citation
Abstract
CONTEXT: Ficus carica Linn (Moraceae) has been used in traditional medicine for a wide range of ailments related to digestive, endocrine, reproductive, and respiratory systems. Additionally, it is also used in gastrointestinal tract and urinary tract infection.

OBJECTIVE: This review gathers the fragmented information available in the literature regarding morphology, ethnomedicinal applications, phytochemistry, pharmacology, and toxicology of Ficus carica. It also explores the therapeutic potential of Ficus carica in the field of ethnophytopharmacology.

MATERIALS AND METHODS: All the available information on Ficus carica was compiled from electronic databases such as Academic Journals, Ethnobotany, Google Scholar, PubMed, Science Direct, Web of Science, and library search.

RESULTS: Worldwide ethnomedical uses of Ficus carica have been recorded which have been used traditionally for more than 40 types of disorders. Phytochemical research has led to the isolation of primary as well as secondary metabolites, plant pigment, and enzymes (protease, oxidase, and amylase). Fresh plant materials, crude extracts, and isolated components of Ficus carica have shown a wide spectrum of biological (pharmacological) activities.

CONCLUSION: Ficus carica has emerged as a good source of traditional medicine for the treatment of various ailments such as anemia, cancer, diabetes, leprosy, liver diseases, paralysis, skin diseases, and ulcers. It is a promising candidate in pharmaceutical biology for the development/formulation of new drugs and future clinical uses.
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”