Question about Oatstraw herbal infusion

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sabinagirl
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Question about Oatstraw herbal infusion

Postby sabinagirl » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:59 am

Hi

Mountain Rose Herbs sells oatstraw and oat tops whole. Which one should be used for the herbal infusion
Ive been using oatstraw but I think I read somewhere that Susun prefers oat tops whole.

Please advise

Thanks

Movlin

Re: Question about Oatstraw herbal infusion

Postby Movlin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:45 pm

Personally, I use more tops than stems but mainly because I enjoy the full flavor of the oat more that way. I do believe there are more elements in the top than in the stem but I don't think it's a "make or break" situation.

That's the wonderful thing about plant magic - you self-test and see what works best for YOU. Its not a one size fits all kind of thing.

mo

sabinagirl

Postby sabinagirl » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Thanks

Stocki

Postby Stocki » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:55 pm

I HAVE AN AUTOIMMUNE ILLNESS AND CHRONIC PAIN . WILL THIS HELP ?

Lady Alinor

Postby Lady Alinor » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Stocki....I use oatstraw to calm, and soothe, help support during stressful times and for nutritional boost.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”