alternative to cold infusions in winter

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bluebirdmama
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

alternative to cold infusions in winter

Postby bluebirdmama » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:29 am

All summer I got into the routine of drinking herbal infusions everyday. My favorites are nettles, oatstraw, and red raspberry lf. I usually chill my infusions before drinking. That is the only way I could get them down and love the flavor that way. But now that it is winter and super cold I have wasted too many jars of infusions not wanting to drink anything cold. Does anyone go through this and what do you do? Or ideas?

I have switched to chaga as my winter beverage but am probably missing out on the minerals and goodness in the infusions

RoseRed

Re: alternative to cold infusions in winter

Postby RoseRed » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:33 am

Smaller glasses more often (like grazing instead of drinking a big glass)

I usually go through a lot of Chia in the winter and warmer drinks.

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:09 pm

I'm newish to infusions, but can't you heat them and drink them warm?

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:57 am

I could heat them but they taste pretty gross warm.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:10 am

I don't like them warmed up either.

Neat little trick I learned along the way - add a few cinnamon sticks (i prefer sweet but mixed both in this batch) with some brandy and let sit for a couple weeks. A few drops under the toungue (or just in your mouth cuz it's super yummy) warms you up from the inside out. Since it's drop dosages - I picked up 2 sample bottles and used a 4ounce brown bottle to store it.

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:16 am

That cinnamon sounds yummy. Going to try it...

snow moon

Postby snow moon » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:07 pm

I have been going through something similar. I found I do like some infusions hot (nettle, mullein, and elderflower).

For the others, I line them up in glasses on the counter so they get close to room temperature and drink them throughout the day. Meanwhile, they are pretty to look at.

And yeah, cinnamon brandy sounds delicious. I can't usually handle alcohol but I like the taste so I guess I will become a drop-dose drinker!
Last edited by snow moon on Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

RoseRed

Postby RoseRed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:57 pm

that's brilliant!

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”