Wise Women's thoughts on using Oregano Oil

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Batinthegloaming
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Wise Women's thoughts on using Oregano Oil

Postby Batinthegloaming » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

It's nice to be back on this forum!!

My topic is using Oregano oil internally for encouraging unfriendly microbes to exit the GI tract. Normally I wouldn't use Essential Oils (EO) internally as I see them as highly concentrated and almost in the same category as pharmaceuticals. Meaning while they have a specific desired effect, they also can cause damage.

After several years of using only healing approaches from the first 4 Rivers (do-nothing, researching, energy work, diet and nourishing herbs) to heal my gut, I have had some progress but still feel really restricted on what I can eat due to digestive problems. After much research I'm considering that I may have an overgrowth of microbes that are not healthy (ie pathogenic,SIBO, Candida etc) . So the treatments I've come across are either pharmaceutical or botanical. Of course I'd rather use plants. One of the botanicals on this one program I'm about to do is oregano oil taken internally.

I'm interested in hearing from other Wise Women who have experience using oregano oil internally. How was it, Why did you use it, were there side affects? Anything you learned from using it? Stuff like that.

Thanks

Movlin

Re: Wise Women's thoughts on using Oregano Oil

Postby Movlin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Welcome back!! I was so excited to see your name I didn't even read your post! hahaha

edited to say - I don't have anything of value to add. I'll be interested to see some of the wisdom myself :)

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 am

Welcome back!
I have no first-hand experience either, but do know a lovely woman who swears by her technique of putting a drop of various Essential Iols on salad when she feels sick or as a tonic, or such. Sorry for lack of details, but I know she uses Oregano EO. (make salad, put few EO drops on it mixed with freshly poured Olive Oil, for a sort of "instantly infused oil" dressing, toss heartily.)
I don't personally care for Oregano, and tend to just crunch bulbs garlic when feeling the need to 'clean/perk up' my gut.
Best of luck!

Batinthegloaming

Postby Batinthegloaming » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:43 am

Batinthegloaming

Postby Batinthegloaming » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:14 am

Last edited by Batinthegloaming on Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelli Taylor

Postby Kelli Taylor » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 pm

I haven't used this remedy personally, but have used other EO internally before (peppermint, when making homemade mint choc). If you are going to use this method, make sure it is diluted. Otherwise it may burn and cause damage.

Batinthegloaming

Postby Batinthegloaming » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Hi Kelli
Thanks for your input. That is what I'm concerned about - burning my gut lining. The program that is recommending using oregano oil suggests using capsules of it taken with meals. That is a lot of oil in one cap. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do....one idea is to break open a capsule and put a smaller amount into another capsule and then take it with food and pay attention to how my body responds.
Last edited by Batinthegloaming on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kelli Taylor

Postby Kelli Taylor » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Hi again, I haven't been around for awhile, so you may or may not have tried this out by now.
If you were still unsure you could just eat the fresh herb on a daily basis, that way you will get the benefits of the EO but it will be less likely to cause damage because the fibre of the plant will still be there and will mediate the EO release.
I'm interested to know what the outcome was/ is.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”