TSH results

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chicago Lady
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

TSH results

Postby Chicago Lady » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 pm

Hello, everyone. For the last couple of years, my doctor has been noticing that I am apparently going from hyperthyroidism to hypothyroidism. In the last blood test, my TSH is 5.02, changed from last year from 5.10. This reading is abnormal, I am told and my doctor wants to put me on Synthroid. I have stalled him for three months. I am taking Motherwort, but apparently it is not doing that much good. Does anyone have any suggestions concerning thryroid problems?

RoseRed

Re: TSH results

Postby RoseRed » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:24 am

You can try pink Himalayan salt. Whatever the mineral is that makes it pink is good for the thyroid.

If I remember correctly, certain seaweeds are also very good for this.

If you start the synthroid - you'll most likely be on it for the rest of your life. It's just the way that specific medication rolls.

Singingcrowsings

Re: TSH results

Postby Singingcrowsings » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:56 pm

I've helped some clients, and then myself with this.

Turmeric is your golden ticket. 3 tsp (1 Tblsp) a day until symptoms calm down, then 1 tsp until you know for sure your out in the clear.

Keep in mind turmeric is fat soluble, so take it with some form of fat i.e. milk, avocado, curry, cheese, salad dressing.... I found making a paste with honey made it easily accesable and palatable. Adding coconut oil to that, I've been able to eat it off the sppon, without adding it to recipes.

Throw some dulse into the mix, and you're good to go.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”