Non-Internal Uses for Witch Hazel and Black Haw Bark?

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snow moon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Non-Internal Uses for Witch Hazel and Black Haw Bark?

Postby snow moon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:36 pm

I bought these dried herbs for infusions based on something I read, but I am now going a different direction with the guidance of an herbalist. They have been sitting in the closet for a year and I'm wondering if there is something else I could do with them?

Any insight appreciated; thank you~

ItalianBee

Re: Non-Internal Uses for Witch Hazel and Black Haw Bark?

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:39 am

First, do you think they are still good? Sniff them and if they don't have much of a smell, I'd throw them out.

What I've done with Witch Hazel is make a liniment for bug bites. The first way I was taught to do it was tincture it in rubbing alcohol. Then I decided I wasn't so crazy about rubbing alcohol, though it did actually work pretty well, and I made a batch with the vodka I use for regular tinctures, and added some aloe vera to part of the batch just to see if it made any difference. I'm not sure it does - both relieve the itch for a while.

I've never used Black Haw Bark, so I hope somebody else comes by to talk about that!

snow moon

Postby snow moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:42 am

Thank you, Italian Bee!

Singingcrowsings

Postby Singingcrowsings » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:41 am

I used witch hazel infusion on my piercings in conjunction with a saline solution to help clean and heal them.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”