My Miniature Herb Garden

Discuss all aspects of herbal medicine and weed wisdom with other wise women and green witches... ask questions, share harvesting tips, plant allies, remedies, body care tips and personal experiences.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snow moon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My Miniature Herb Garden

Postby snow moon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I made a foray into container gardening this year. While the seeds came up, they mostly did not grow more than a few inches.

I still made tinctures from my feverfew, lemon balm, and motherwort in September, though they never flowered. I am attaching some pictures of the herbs here; you can see they are quite miniature.

I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on using these tinctures? Obviously the strength with be different, but it is still safe—right?

ps. Hmmm … I looks like images can no longer be attached? Let me try linking them here (sorry for the ads):
http://postimg.org/image/ginb3cknf/
http://postimg.org/image/ypkem0f65/

ItalianBee

Re: My Miniature Herb Garden

Postby ItalianBee » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:35 am

I make tinctures from lemon balm and motherwort leaves, but I've never grown feverfew. Most plants have plenty of medicinal value in the leaves. I do tend to look up each one before I choose what part to use. But I wouldn't worry about it.

My Holy Basil, that I grew from seeds in a container, only got a few inches high as well. I did get a good thyme plant out of seeds. Mostly I buy seedlings in the spring from a local greenhouse that I trust. The only thing about container gardens that has bothered me is that I don't tend to get flowers at all - except for things like pansies and marigolds.

snow moon

Re: My Miniature Herb Garden

Postby snow moon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:46 am

Mmm … Interesting. Well, I'm glad someone else has tinctured from the tiny plant kingdom.

I was growing directly in the soil until I learned it had lead … It was quite interesting to witness how less willing plants are to grown in containers.

Return to “Healing Wise & Herbal Medicine Chest”