Does a tree have a collective memory?

Post your wise woman articles here. Visit Weed Wanderings herbal ezine from here too...enjoy the Green Blessings with Susun Weed!

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Justine
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Does a tree have a collective memory?

Postby Justine » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Does a tree have a collective memory? by Waynonaha
Postby Justine » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:43 pm

Seasons of the Trees

A season of friends:

Does a relationship have a collective memory? Or is it a friendship of the season like the trees? Does a tree have a memory? Or does it forget the ones who came to take refuge in and under its shelter? Are we then to expect less or more of life and the many who touch with the cosmic forces that dance in and out of our lives, called friends?

Like a whirlwind we enter into each others lives rearranging and changing the texture of thought and behavior. Nothing is ever the same during and after the making of a friend. I would then say that the making of friends is indeed a life changing event.

Each person who enters into our life brings a little of the pieces that are missing in each of us. It is as though the Great Mystery took all that was and will ever be and blended it up into this essence. From this essence, each of us was given a little cup full, and sent into the void. From this void of waiting we passed into life, seeking the knowledge of what we have brought with us in our cup.

Scattered and alone we seek to find the reason and purpose of the Great Mystery, and the formula for the elixir of life we drink.

In our life time we will touch on many people, like seeking shelter in the shade of an old tree. This tree is always there and welcomes us all into its arms and shelter. Many will pass this way and have in the past taken the fruit and nourishment this tree had to offer.

So does a tree have a collective memory? I would like to think so; that the rings of a tree are it's history we know, but what of its collective memory and spiritual aspect? It this like a human beings collective memory? I think it is even deeper as it is without judgment as is pure in form.

So seasons come and go and so do the birds and insects. Like the people in our lives we see them marching through on there way. Who knows where they go, seeking answers to questions posed many times and from all things. Some stand like the tree and are solid and timeless. Some are like the seasons and effect changes yet pass in time. Waynonaha

lalacurf121

Re: Does a tree have a collective memory?

Postby lalacurf121 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:12 am

I would then say that the making of friends is indeed a life changing event.

Naturopathic

Postby Naturopathic » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:31 am

Lovely thoughts and imaginations. :) Friends are the most important part of our life.

CinnamonGirl

Postby CinnamonGirl » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:48 pm

Sorry for the late response, but this really touched me. I broke up with my husband right before Christmas (we still love each other but we just wanted different things out of life). I still love his friendship and what it brings to my life. Thanks for writing this. Now I want to go on a hike and befriend a tree! :D

Kezzie

Postby Kezzie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 pm

I am so glad that you bumped this back up.
Grandmother Waynonaha came in to my life through this place, and re-arranged my thinking in many ways.
I miss her.

Return to “Wise Woman Articles & Herbal Ezine”