Seeking wise women in Washington State

Welcome to the Wise Woman Forum, we are an on-line wise women community. Enjoy! All New members please visit our guidelines page at: http://www.herbshealing.com/wisewomanforum.htm

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ksowers222
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Seeking wise women in Washington State

Postby Ksowers222 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Hello! It looks like this place is pretty quiet I hope I can find someone local (I'm in Kitsap county in the beautiful sate of Washington) to get to know and learn from. I really want to work towards being a certified herbalist but I have no idea where to start. I can't wait to get to know all of you!
~*~ Kristina

ItalianBee

Re: Seeking wise women in Washington State

Postby ItalianBee » Sat May 27, 2017 8:29 am

Welcome Ksowers! Yes, we are pretty quiet here - I think Facebook has taken over the world, so for those of us who refuse to be on there, it is tough.

I am across the country from you, sorry.... As far as education/certificates, though, I do know someone who just did a very long intense graduate program in naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University. I believe they have an herbal certificate program, which would be much less expensive as well as not taking as long. Then there are programs that give certificates that are run by herbalists like Susun Weed and others, some of which you can do online. These are not licensing programs or really academic in the conventional way (someone correct me if you know one that is), but they teach you a lot. Try googling "herbal education certificate" or something like that.

Ksowers222

Re: Seeking wise women in Washington State

Postby Ksowers222 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Facebook is nothing but drama and direct sales lol I will have to check out Susan's program! I just found a certified lady by accidents on Facebook and I can't wait to go to her homestead herbs for animal demo here in the next couple of weeks.
~*~ Kristina

Return to “Announcements and Greetings”