Introduction

Welcome to the Wise Woman Forum, we are an on-line wise women community. Enjoy! All New members please visit our guidelines page at: http://www.herbshealing.com/wisewomanforum.htm

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
NiklasTyreso
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Introduction

Postby NiklasTyreso » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:31 am

The other introduction thread was locked so I hope this work to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello
My name is Niklas and I live in Sweden. I have collected some wild healthy herbs for 20 years, but it has escalated during the last five years. I am a man, not a wise woman, but I hope I can learn and increase my knowledge wisely anyway.

My maternal grandmother, who I lived with when I was eight and nine years old, was the first inspiration for me when it comes to homemade cures and Scandinavian folklore experience. She also was a God fearing Christian. When I was a young adult she was very happy with my interest in herbal medicine. I wish she had given me more knowledge in folklore and cures, cause most of what I know now I have learned from herbal books and medical articles (like pubmed). My dear grandmother died at age 90 in 2004 and my daughter was born exactly, on the same hour and minute, 366 days later.

I am a syncretist as I am culturally a Christian (but but just read the old testament, not nt like my grandmother) and also believe in Scandinavian folklore (but I do not serve the pagan deitys of the land. I just give porridge to the “tomte”/brownie on Christmas). I pray regularly and recite Psalms too, to connect to the supernatural and most weeks I also spend some hours in the nature.
My ancestors were God fearing Christians and folklore believers, so that is the tradition I think I should follow.

I make infusions/teas from plants I have collected in the nature and dried for use in the winter(like St Johns wort, rasperry, hawthorn and meadowsweet). Nettles and burdock I eat dried and swallow with water. I make healthy supplements (for my self) from species like rosemary, turmeric and black pepper. The last year I have also started to make some salves from beeswax, olive oil, pine resin and herbs for my and my daughters feet.

I look forward to learn from Your experiences in different herbs and healing.
/
Niklas
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Allie
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:53 pm

Welcome.

Yes I locked the other post so people could write individual posts to say hello, that way it's more noticeable.

Thanks for joining us. :)
.:*~*:._.:*~*:.
~* Allie *~
Wise Woman Team

Movlin

Postby Movlin » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:03 am

hello and welcome Niklas!

NiklasTyreso

Postby NiklasTyreso » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:08 am

Thanks!
It's great to be here with you and learn more about the herbs!
I am a Scandinavian herbalist and a man, in search for more wisdom.

Naturopathic

Postby Naturopathic » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:16 am

Hi everyone, I am Marisa Camilleri, a herbalist and Nutritionist from Australia.
Hope, there will be a great exchange of knowledge and experience.

Return to “Announcements and Greetings”