looking for echinacea angustifolia root

Use this space to trade goods, lend books, offer wise woman reviews, and share health and healing resources. Please enjoy and honor this virtual marketplace with us.

Moderators: Wise Woman, Lady Alinor

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bluebirdmama
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

looking for echinacea angustifolia root

Postby bluebirdmama » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:59 am

I'm looking for some echinacea angustifolia root to grow. I tried starting it from seed and it didnt survive. I live in zone 4so perhaps it was to young to survive the winter. I thought if I got some hearty root stock it would do well. Anyone have some they want to share? I could pay for shipping or trade with some lovely local sepentine or herbs or seeds.
Thanks!

Movlin

Re: looking for echinacea angustifolia root

Postby Movlin » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:52 pm

I'm bumping this - maybe a new member will be able to help you :)

NateFlory

Postby NateFlory » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:55 am

Best of luck. While I've seen this stuff growing in other gardens aronud here, I have yet to make a single plant on Echinacea survive here for more than a season. It flowers feebly, then dies off, never to return. But it grows well in the local CSA garden like a weed, and in talking to them we aren't sure why. :lol: Even transplants work for them.
Oh, and by "Here", I mean upstate NY (also zone 4 in my local area).

Sometimes they sell this in the local garden centres in quart pots each spring, so maybe you'll be able to get a "fully grown" plant then for your gardens?
Good luck! :)

bluebirdmama

Postby bluebirdmama » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks for the thoughts. I know if I keep searching I will find some by spring.

Return to “Wise Woman Bazaar”